Cecilia Rose, The Centennial Year!

This site is dedicated to our mother and grandmother, Cecilia Rose Layer Currie Hemmer Beran who will turn 100 years old October 1, 2007. Why start so early? So we, her family, can take the time to post our thoughts and favorite memories of this extraordinary woman that connects us all to each other. Please, join with me as prepare for her centennial year which begins October 1, 2006.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Grandma sayings....

From Janet:

Some of my favorite and fond phrases I hear Grandma say:

"I’m feefee", (meaning I'm sleepy)
"Yes, Ma’am",
"What are ya gonna do when they come for you?";
"Member?" (meaning remember),
"Mama said, gotta go, gotta go".
"They pay no patention" (meaning they pay no attention)

That’s all I can think of now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Nanny saying ( other than (wiping her nose) T'is notgonna rain- gonna be nice day!) my favorite say occured whan she came to visit us in Albuquerque. I was making her breakfast, and she was chiding ( nagging?) me about never coming to Buffalo(excuse me - LOCKPORT) to see her. As I sat the plate of English Muffins in front of her she said- "See ,if you stopped spending all your money on these english muffins, you'd have the money to visit!!" Well Nanny it must have worked- I've been to Buffalo 4 times this year!- Ellen

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home